We have set up a FB group called “WAA! by PWCS” to facilitate online auction of members’ works. The group is open to public but only PWCS members can share their watercolours for auction purpose. So please accept our invitation to become “WAA! by PWCS” members and also help to promote this group by inviting your artist friends, collectors, art lovers etc to become members of the group, overseas friends are also welcome.
Below are the Rules & Terms of the online auction, feel free to contact me (016-4540963) or Kiah Kiean (012-4940426) should you need further queries:
Rules & Terms
This platform serves as an online exhibition venue open for all to view and purchase artworks but only Penang Watercolour Society’s members are eligible to post their works.
Monthly Online Auction – The online auction will begin on Monday and end on Sunday 9pm during the first week of the month (Monday xx.xx.2020 to Sunday 9pm xx.xx.2020).
Kindly observe the following rules when posting artworks and bidding for artworks:
1) The artwork must be done in watercolour or predominantly with watercolour.
2) The artwork must be artist own creation.
3) Any subject matters are welcome except for topics on sensitive issues.
4) The Admin has the right to delete any post deem unsuitable.
5) All artworks must be for sale, the starting price should not be more than RM500.
6) Each member can post up to 5 paintings for each auction session, 1 painting per post.
7) Bidder can state the bidding price below the painting. Bidding price should start at the artist’s stated price and each bidding should increase by the multiple of RM50.
8) The last bidder at the closing time of 9pm will be the successful bidder. Artist is responsible to update his/her own posting with the word “Sold (name of bidder, price)” before the posting detail.
9) Painting not sold will be deleted from the post after the auction session (and not eligible for next auction). Only painting sold will remain in the group for record.
10) The bidding should be done using this platform and in the transparent manner. Any abandoned bid, secret dealing, painting not according to specified details etc are considered disruption to the auction, and may result in the expulsion of artist and bidder from the group.
11) Collection of money and delivery of painting to the succesful bidder is solely the responsibility of the artist. PWCS and the Admin are not responsible for any lost, damage to the painting and non-payment from the bidder.
12) Artist is to make a donation of 5% to PWCS for every painting sold, based on the final bidding price.
13) The posting should specify:
Online Auction #？
Size: (in cm)
Frame: (included or excluded)
Postage: (included or excluded)
Bidding Price: RM
Online Auction #01
Artist: Ong Heng Huat
Title: Good Luck
Frame: No frame
Postage: Postage included within Malaysia
Bidding Price: RM500
Online Auction #01
Artist: Chin Chia Sui
Medium: Ink & Watercolour
Frame: Frame included
Postage: Not included
Bidding Price: RM400
14) PWCS and Admin will try their best to maintain this platform and find the best way to run any auction or exhibition. Rules may be revised from time to time to a better performance.
15) Artist participating in this online auction is deemed agreed to the Rules & Terms.
Thanks & Rgds,
Khoo Cheang Jin, President PWCS